Notification of scheduled outage for the National Student Index: Saturday 16th June 2018.
The NSI application will not be available between the hours of 9:00am and 12:00pm.
This NSI release features a defect fix as well as the introduction of the capability to receive Gender D (Diverse) in the BATCH and REST Interfaces.
Gender D received via Batch and REST
- NSI will be able to receive a Gender D value in Add, Modify and search requests via the REST and Batch interfaces.
- NSI will not store Gender D – All records received with a Gender D will be stored in NSI with a gender U.
- If your system does not send in Gender D records, there will be no impact on existing SMS and other users as a result of these changes.
- If your system does send in Gender D records, you will receive Gender U in the output record from NSI. Your system will need to accommodate this output.
- SDR will be making changes as well that will mean that you won’t receive an error if your SMs holds Gender D and NSI holds Gender U.
TEC will be sending out further information re the SDR related changes.
If you have any questions in regards to this please contact the Education Service Desk on 0800 422599 or firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours.