Information about the latest release for the National Student Index.
If you have any questions regarding this release please contact the Education Service Desk on 0800 422599 or firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours.
February 2020 - release NSI (v220.127.116.11)
A planned security maintenance release was implemented on 22 February 2020.
January 2020 - server maintenance
The NSI Production environment will experience a 10 minute outage on Friday 24 January 2020 between 5:00pm and 6:00pm while the server is restarted after maintenance has been completed.
November 2019 - release NSI (v1.5.0)
Implemented Saturday 9 November 2019.
This NSI release features:
- Renaming of “Permanent Resident” to “NZ Resident Class Visa”. Resolving: confusion around what “Permanent Resident” included. NZ Resident Class Visa applies to: NZ Resident Visa and NZ Permanent Resident Visa. For REST and BATCH – the existing “P” value applies.
- IQ Office Search Upgrade – upgrading the search engine to latest version.
August 2019 - NSI moved to primary data centre
NSI was moved to the primary data centre on 24 August 2019.
July 2019 - NSI moved to secondary datacentre
NSI was moved to the secondary datacentre on 6 July 2019.
June 2019 - release NSI (v.18.104.22.168)
Implemented Saturday 22 June 2019.
This NSI release featured:
- Defect fixes.
- Removing the ability for users that are NOT Batch enabled to upload batch files through the Web User Interface.
- Change Notification versioning for ENROL users.
- ENROL users only – able to modify previously verified name and date of birth records for student’s under 8 years old.
November 2018 - release NSI (v.22.214.171.124)
Implemented on Saturday 17th November 2018
The NSI release featured:
- A server upgrade
- Resolution of minor defects affecting batch search notification, provider codes displaying incorrect values and style/format changes to pop-up messages.
June 2018 - release NSI (V.126.96.36.199)
Implemented on Saturday 16th June 2018.
The NSI release featured a defect fix as well as the introduction of the capability to receive Gender D (Diverse) in the BATCH and REST Interfaces.
Gender D received via Batch and REST
- NSI will be able to receive a Gender D value in Add, Modify and search requests via the REST and Batch interfaces.
- NSI will not store Gender D – All records received with a Gender D will be stored in NSI with a gender U.
- If your system does not send in Gender D records, there will be no impact on existing SMS and other users as a result of these changes.
- If your system does send in Gender D records, you will receive Gender U in the output record from NSI. Your system will need to accommodate this output.
- SDR will be making changes as well that will mean that you won’t receive an error if your SMs holds Gender D and NSI holds Gender U.
TEC will be sending out further information re the SDR related changes.
March 2018 - release NSI (v.188.8.131.52)
Implemented on Saturday 17th March 2018.
This NSI release was to fix some minor defects.
October 2017 - release NSI (v.184.108.40.206)
Implemented on Saturday 21st October 2017.
- These will return the same number of records and the same scores whether searching via the web UI or via the REST and Batch Interfaces.
- Adding a duplicate alternate name with a higher level of verification will be allowed. The alternate name will return the higher verification level.
- May be updated to an existing alternate name (the alternate name will be deleted)
- Primary name verification can be updated to an equal or higher level of verification