Information about the latest release for the National Student Index.
If you have any questions in regards to NSI releases please contact the Education Service Desk on 0800 422599 or email@example.com during business hours.
June 2019 - New release of NSI (v.188.8.131.52)
Implemented Saturday 22 June 2019.
This NSI release featured:
- Defect fixes.
- Removing the ability for users that are NOT Batch enabled to upload batch files through the Web User Interface.
- Change Notification versioning for ENROL users.
- ENROL users only – able to modify previously verified name and date of birth records for student’s under 8 years old.
November 2018 - New release of NSI (v.184.108.40.206)
Implemented on Saturday 17th November 2018
The NSI release featured:
- A server upgrade
- Resolution of minor defects affecting batch search notification, provider codes displaying incorrect values and style/format changes to pop-up messages.
June 2018 – New Release of NSI (V.220.127.116.11)
Implemented on Saturday 16th June 2018.
The NSI release featured a defect fix as well as the introduction of the capability to receive Gender D (Diverse) in the BATCH and REST Interfaces.
Gender D received via Batch and REST
- NSI will be able to receive a Gender D value in Add, Modify and search requests via the REST and Batch interfaces.
- NSI will not store Gender D – All records received with a Gender D will be stored in NSI with a gender U.
- If your system does not send in Gender D records, there will be no impact on existing SMS and other users as a result of these changes.
- If your system does send in Gender D records, you will receive Gender U in the output record from NSI. Your system will need to accommodate this output.
- SDR will be making changes as well that will mean that you won’t receive an error if your SMs holds Gender D and NSI holds Gender U.
TEC will be sending out further information re the SDR related changes.
March 2018 - NSI Release (v.18.104.22.168)
Implemented on Saturday 17th March 2018.
This NSI release was to fix some minor defects.
October 2017 - NSI Release (v.22.214.171.124)
Implemented on Saturday 21st October 2017.
- These will return the same number of records and the same scores whether searching via the web UI or via the REST and Batch Interfaces.
- Adding a duplicate alternate name with a higher level of verification will be allowed. The alternate name will return the higher verification level.
- May be updated to an existing alternate name (the alternate name will be deleted)
- Primary name verification can be updated to an equal or higher level of verification