Brief overview of the Progress and Consistency Tool (PaCT)?
The Progress and Consistency Tool (PaCT) is an online tool that supports teaching and learning.
What does PaCT do?
- Unpacks the curriculum content of mathematics
- Prompts teachers to notice how students use reading and writing to support learning across the curriculum;
- Illustrates the significant steps that learners take as they progress in mathematics, reading and writing;
- Supports moderation;
- Informs teaching programmes;
- Supports consistent overall judgments of student progress and achievement;
- Creates reports that help teachers and school leaders monitor the progress of students.
The PaCT has:
- Learning progression frameworks that break down mathematics, reading and writing and illustrate the stages of learning.
- An ‘engine’ that captures teacher judgments on aspects of mathematics reading and writing and recommends an overall judgment that a teacher confirms or reviews.
Further information is available on the PaCT website