To reset the password for an ESL account used in your Student Management System (SMS) you will need to complete the password reset process in ESL before you enter your updated password into your SMS.
For a machine account, you must log in to self-service with your individual user account to change the password for the machine account.
For your user account, if you have forgotten your password you must:
- Initiate the password reset process by:
- going to https://identity.education.govt.nz and click the 'Forgotten password' link, or
- request your school's Delegated Authoriser to initiate the password reset process for your account, or
- call the Education Service Desk
- Complete the password reset process by going to https://identity.education.govt.nz/ui/selfservice/home
- Once you have reset the password, you can then access your SMS with your new password.