Education Sector Logon Evidence of Identity (EOI) Information for ESL users.
When Education Sector Logon Users register to use education sector online services or applications they need to provide two forms of identification documents as proof of who they are to meet the Evidence of Identity [EOI] requirements for the Education Sector Logon.
EOI Requirements for an Education Sector Logon User
Two types of Evidence of Identification documentation as outlined below;
- One EOI document to be provided from the Primary Identification Documents listed below
- One EOI document to be provided from the Supporting Identification Documents listed below
- Users requesting a change to their given or family name (e.g. by marriage or deed poll) should provide a third document from the Name Change Requirements section below as certification of the name change.
- All EOI documentation should be current (not expired).
EOI Responsibilities for Authorisers or Delegated Authorisers
An Education Sector Logon Authoriser or Delegated Authoriser(from your organisation) must confirm they have sighted the original, or a certified copy (certified by a Justice of the Peace, Doctor, Kaumatua, Minister of Religion), of both of your identification documents prior to signing off your Education Sector User Access Request.
If the EOI documentation presented indicates a name change (e.g. by marriage or deed poll) the applicant should provide a third document from the Name Change Documents section below as certification of the name change. If this documentation is not provided then the name cannot be used in the Education Sector Logon.
Evidence of Identity Document Lists
ESL users are required to provide two types of Evidence of Identification documentation as outlined below;
- One document from the Primary Identification Documents listed below
- One document from the Supporting Identification Documents listed below
Primary Identification Documents
- NZ Passport*
- Overseas Passport (with NZ immigration visa/permit)
- Emergency Travel Document (ETD)
- NZ Refugee Travel Document (RTD)
- NZ Certificate of Identity (issued to non-NZ citizens who cannot obtain a passport from their country of origin)
- NZ Certificate of Identity (issued to people who have refugee status)
- NZ Firearms Licence
- NZ Full Birth Certificate
- NZ Citizenship Certificate
Supporting Identification Documents
- NZ Driver Licence*
- 18 Card*
- Community Services Card
- SuperGold Card
- Veteran Super Gold Card
- IR Number
- Electoral Roll Record
- Confirmation of Permit Status
- International Driving Permit*
- Student Identity Card*
- Employee Identity Card*
- Utility account/bill (e.g. electricity/gas power, telecommunications) with your current address.
- Steps to Freedom Form
- Qualifications and professional registration
*Document/record contains a photograph of the holder.
Name Change Documents
If the Evidence of Identity documents provided by the user indicates a name change (e.g. by marriage or deed poll) the applicant should also be advised to provide one of the following documents as certification of that name change:
- Change of Name by Statutory Declaration
- Change of Name by Deed Poll
- NZ Name Change Certificate
- NZ Marriage Certificate
- NZ Civil Union Certificate
- New Zealand Divorce Papers
- Certificate of Annulment
This page was last updated on 1 February 2019.