Education Sector Logon Evidence of Identity Information
When Education Sector Logon Users register to use education sector online services or applications they need to provide two forms of identification documents as proof of who they are to meet the Evidence of Identity [EOI] requirements for the Education Sector Logon.
EOI Requirements for an Education Sector Logon User
Two types of Evidence of Identification documentation as outlined below;
- One type of EOI document to be provided from the Primary Identification Documents listed below
- One type of EOI document to be provided from the Supporting Identification Documents listed below
- Users requesting a change to their given or family name (e.g. by marriage or deed poll) should provide a third document from the Name Change Requirements section below as certification of the name change.
- All EOI documentation should be current (not expired).
EOI Responsibilities for Authorisers, Delegated Authorisers or EPA Authorisers
An Education Sector Logon Authoriser (from your organisation) must confirm they have sighted the original, or a certified copy (certified by a Justice of the Peace, Doctor, Kaumatua, Minister of Religion etc), of both of your identification documents prior to signing off your Education Sector User Access Request.
If the EOI documentation presented indicates a name change (e.g. by marriage or deed poll) the applicant should provide a third document from the Name Change Requirements section below as certification of the name change. If this documentation is not provided then the name cannot be used in the Education Sector Logon.
Evidence of Identity Document Lists
Primary Identification Documents
- NZ Passport
- Overseas Passport
- NZ Emergency Travel Document
- NZ Refugee Travel Document
- NZ Certificate of Identity
- NZ Certificate of Identity (Immigration Act 1987)
- NZ Firearms Licence / Firearms Dealer’s Licence
- NZ Birth Certificate
- NZ Citizenship Certificate
Secondary Identification Documents
- International Driving Permit
- NZ Driver Licence
- Teacher’s Registration
- Confirmation of Permit Status
- Community Services Card
- Electoral Roll Record
- Student Identity Card
- Employee Identity Card
- 18 Card (must be current)
- A current Utility Bill (e.g. power, phone) with your current address.
Name Change Requirements
If the EOI documents provided indicates a name change (e.g. by marriage or deed poll) the applicant should also be advised to provide one of the following documents as certification of that name change:
- NZ Marriage Certificate
- NZ Civil Union Certificate
- Change of Name by Deed Poll
- New Zealand Divorce Papers
- Certificate of Annulment
- Change of Name by Statutory Declaration
All documentation should be current (not expired).